Read my blog
The Gift of Grace
The Gift of Grace
After living under the weight of the pandemic for more than a year and listening every day to the bad news around us, why not look for ways to change the conversation by doing something nice and unexpected for someone else.
Here are some creative ideas:
- Pay it forward. The next time you are in a drive-through line to pick up food, pay the bill for the car behind you. This unexpected act of kindness is sure to bring a smile.
- Become a tutor. Many students find virtual classrooms to be challenging and could use some extra help. And you don't need to be an expert! Even with students re-entering the classroom, your local school may be in need of assistance.
- Look to your neighborhood. Every neighborhood has someone who could use help. From single parents to seniors, simple everyday chores could be a real chore for them. It might mean mowing the grass or offering to go shopping to pick up items for them while you are out. And if you're up for it, consider offering free babysitting services for an hour or two so parents can take a well-deserved break.
- Make an elderly friend. Call a local nursing home or assisted care facility and ask if they have a friendship program that connects you with a resident that could use a pen pal. Get your kids to create a card with a picture to go with a short letter they write themselves. When it's appropriate after the pandemic, consider regular, in-person visits to say hi to your new pen pals.
- Do a good deed daily. This is a great way to create the habit of undertaking daily, random acts of kindness. By doing a good deed every day, your vision will change and you'll see more opportunities to help. Opening a door, picking up trash or helping a single parent who is juggling different tasks are all great examples of this.
- Bring back forgiveness. When someone makes a mistake, provide an environment to accept an apology and leave room to genuinely forgive. Continue to be a role model in displaying the act of forgiveness.
Giving the gift of grace is not only rewarding for you, but is also contagious to everyone around you.
Contact Me Today
Let's find you the right home at the right price.